Brač is the largest island in the island group of Dalmatik islands and the third biggest in the Adriatic Sea. Brač is separated from the inland by sea canal Brač, from the island Solta is separated by strait Splitska vrata and from island Hvarje is separated by sea canal Hvar. The area is typical with chamber effects as a slots, caves and hollows. There is no surface water flow. Only one water flow is located near village Bol.
Supetar and Puscica are the biggest of the 22 villages at island. The most important agricultural products are olive oil, vine and fruits. The chief occupations are breeding livestock, fishing (canning factory in villages Postira and Milna) and tourism. At the island are some stone pits offer the famous white stone, which was used at building of Diocletian’s palace at Split and at building of white house Washington D.C. The bus lines connect the villages at island; the island with inland is connecting via scheduled ferry line Split – Supetar and Makarska – Sumartin. There is also the international airport for small plains. The firs information about Brač is from Neoliths epoch (deposit in the cave Kopacina, on the south from village Supetar). Reminds of Romans epoch is possible to see on the both sides of island and in the inland as well. The biggest one are the stone pits in Skrip. The island was populated mainly in the inland, because pirate attacks. Before the Venetians took a control of island (1420 – 1797) was Brač under the domination of different monarchs. The coast started to be populated again in 16th century. Brač was under the Russian control from year 1797 till the end of the 1st war, besides short period (1807-1815) when was under France control.